Thursday, January 27, 2005

Gilmore Girls - The Lolerai and Luke Affairs

Wanna bet that Lolerai and Luke is going to split up sooner or later?

Bet 1 : They will split in half a season
Bet 2 : They will split in a season
Bet 3 : They will split in one and a half seasons
Bet 4 : They will split in two seasons
Bet 5 : I BET MY LIFE THAT THEY WILL NOT SPLIT.
Bet 6 : Kenny Lee Jian Siong's BET THEY WILL SPLIT, but DUNNO WHEN!
Bet 7 : I bet EVERYTHING right down to the kitchen sink that Lolerai and Luke can last more than 3 seasons together before splitting up!
Bet 8 : I bet you all will lose your bets!
Bet 9 : I bet those who Bet on Bet 8 will be the losing one!
Bet 10 : QUICK! BETMAN, TO THE BETMOBILE!

Honestly, my money is on Hollywood and the notorious "Scriptwriting 101" manual (Hollywood version). Actually, I don't need to bet at all. It is common thing to split people up when the ratings are not up to standard or something like that. When you think about it, I waited 4 seasons to see Lolerai and Luke to get together, but I also anticipated that this "affair" will NOT LAST or WILL NOT HAVE THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER that some of us Gilmore Girls fans would hoped/wished for!!!!. Why? Because this is Hollywood, this is US, this is American TV.

I wished the nightmare will not happen, but it is inevitable. In a tv series, a relationship rarely last pass 2 seasons. Or should I said, splitting up is just a rule in a the game of love.