Thursday, April 14, 2005

Reason behind the reason aka I don't really need to do this actually!!

I have had people keep on asking me why am I so silly/crazy/stupid/[insert descriptive word] about a movie. For that matter, a highly popular movie : Spiderman the movie.

As I have Rant and bitch about both the Spiderman movie. The comments I received and the nagging questions that is being asked "Why the hell am I being totally adamant about the unlimited web in the movie?"

Here is the reason behind the reason. Believe it or not, I don't care the least bit if you don't believe what I am going to say. Just be clear that it is the truth.

I am so against the "unlimited web" concept because this Hollywood created Spiderman is NOT the Spiderman I grew up with. Most of the classic comics and cartoons character are my childhood friends. They are NOT just fictional characters, to me they are my childhood friends. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Snoopy, Garfield, The Flintstone, The Jetsons, Scooby Doo and the Scooby gang, Voltron, Thundercats, Space Sheriff Gavan, Kamen Rider Black, Ultraman, Doraemon, He-Man...etc. They are all my childhood friends. Hollywood didn't MUTILATE Superman nor Batman in the movies, but why must they changed Spiderman's mechanical webslinger to "UNLIMITED WEB"? Why?

To other people, they can accept any change because the "Cool" factor is there. It's like "Wow, a superhero movie. The actors are great! The CGI is great! The storyline is great! This is a great movie!".

To me, it is an insult. What that idiotic director did to my friend is unforgivable! The "spirit" of Spiderman got lost in the movie. No one understands how I feel. Not that I blame them. It did not happened to their friend!

For what it is worth, in the first place, I don't really need to give a reason to a reason to all this, but I felt people need to know how differently I felt about it. Besides, being "friends" with fictional characters is commonly known as being "crazy/insane/mad..etc". Well, this "crazy" person is only human. Though, this "crazy" person still has childhood friends and these childhood friends will always be with this "crazy" person till the end of time.