Thursday, July 01, 2004

[Bitching,ranting,venting]Spiderman (YUCK) 2

Probably I am the only person in this world that totally HATES both the Spiderman movies. Why? Because I don't like how they just modify Spiderman's mechanical webslinger to unlimited web. Unlimited web? What is this? You think having unlimited web can do good to Spiderman's character. So what is the fuss about? Nothing with wrong with unlimited web right?
WRONG!!!!!
It is never right with unlimited web! Why? As a Spiderman fan, I really have to make a stand. And my stand is,

NO UNLIMITED WEB!!!!.

I don't care what anyone will say to me or flame me or whatever me. I don't care the least bit. I will continue to say it. Spiderman is NOT about having unlimited web. What the comic Spiderman has, that the movie Spiderman doesn't have. Intelligences.

In the movie, Peter Parker is being turned from a person that should be smart in the inside into someone that doesn't know what he really wants. Ok, probably he knows that he needs to be Spiderman, but that's it! Nothing more than that. While in the comic, that's is where Peter Parker is really portrait. He BUILD his own webslinger! While the movie Peter Parker doesn't even need to build any damn thing! All he needs is to make his costume and that's it!

Now here is the major differences between the comic Spiderman and the movie Spiderman. The comic Spiderman while fighting the bad guys, he needs to becareful of running out of web. And when he does run out of web, he needs to rely on his other abilities to survive. While in the movie, does he even need to worry about the running out of web? Nope, he doesn't need to worry about running out of web. He can shoot limitless web without worrying that it will run out. I find this rather insulting, because Spiderman is not about his web, it is about how he overcomes problems and bad guys when he RUNS out of web. That's in the comic. That's is what I admire about Spiderman actually. Although he is a reluctant hero, he still knows that he has a job to do. And with great difficulty, he overcomes it with his wits and intelligences and not because he has unlimited web.

As a Spiderman fan and friend, I stand by my boycott. Even if it is ONLY ME that is boycotting, I will still do it, because I believe in the "real" Spiderman and not this Hollywood created Spiderman.

I have sweared that I won't watch Spiderman 2 nor anything movie by the director or the cast of Spiderman. Even in the next life, or in any lifetime, I won't accept this Hollywood Spiderman and no one on earth is going to change my mind.

Spiderman 2 gets a 0...out of 5.......